The conduct of sports matches and practices will be within the guidelines of school policy covering inclement weather. The aim of coaches will be to protect the health and safety of the children at all times.
• Hats must be worn all year round. Sunscreen will be actively encouraged during the summer sports seasons. Excessive activity in very hot weather should be avoided.
• If the predicted temperature on the Bureau of Meteorology website bom.gov.au at 12 noon the day before is forecast 36 degrees or above, all scheduled matches will be cancelled.
• If the predicted temperature on the Bureau of Meteorology website bom.gov.au at 12 noon the day before is forecast 34 degrees or above, all scheduled practices will be cancelled.
• Inclement weather. If there is lightning or hail, matches and practice will be cancelled immediately.
• If rain falls during practice the outdoor activity will be curtailed and the children will be taken to a sheltered location.
•Practices may be cancelled the previous day if all children can be notified. Coaches are responsible for contacting the players.
• If coaches are unable to cancel practices at short notice they will retain responsibility for supervising the players until they have been collected or they can dismiss them at the usual time and in the prearranged manner if parents have been advised of the earlier dismissal.
• Parents are encouraged to monitor the weather conditions and have their children collected early if the weather makes it impossible to practice.
Policy update and review
The school council and staff regularly monitor and review the effectiveness of the After Hours Sport Weather Policy (at least every three years) and revise the policy when required.
Policy last reviewed May 2020. Next review May 2023.